Kristina Keech Spitler heads the Employment Law practice at VFN, where she and her team advise businesses and municipalities in managing their most important asset – their employees. She and her team provide extensive knowledge and experience in navigating the challenges of complying with federal, state and local laws in all facets of the employment relationship including hiring, termination, discipline, pay, time off, complaints of discrimination and other wrongdoing, and the many other myriad of issues that come up in dealing with employees while running a business or municipality.
Ms. Spitler also heads the firm’s Investigations practice. Kris brings her experience as a former prosecutor, litigator and business attorney with over thirty years of experience in conducting complex and often sensitive investigations for companies, governmental entities, boards and committees.
Kristina is a highly ranked speaker and trainer on the topic of Employment Law issues. Together, with the Prince William SHRM chapter she co-founded, Kris is in her 10th year of co-hosting an annual employment law and HR summit. Kristina uses her experience in leading organizations to help to build up the legal and local community and strives to provide her client’s with excellent service, handling their legal situations with professionalism and expertise.
AV Preeminent Rating: Highest Professional Achievement by Martindale-Hubbell
Recipient of the Justitia Award, Prince William Chapter of Virginia Women Attorneys Association, 2013
Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine “Legal Elite” in employment law 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 & 2021
Loy E. Harris Award from the City of Manassas for Business Excellence
Recipient of the “Leaders in the Law” award in 2016
Named one of “Virginia’s Go To Lawyers” for employment law, 2021
Named to Northern Virginia Magazine’s 2020 Top Lawyer list for Employment Law
“Influential Women of Virginia” award in 2009 by Virginia Lawyers Weekly
Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine “Legal Elite” in employment law 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018
- WUSA Channel 9 Employment Law Subject Matter Expert, 2009
- Workforce Management Magazine, Employment Law Subject Matter Expert
- President of the Prince William County Bar Association, 2019-2020
- President of Center for the Arts of Greater Manassas/Prince William County, 2010-2012
- Co-Chair and Chairman of Leadership Prince William, 2010-2012
- Virginia SHRM State Council Member, 2010
- President of Prince William SHRM, Inc., 2009-2010
- President of Virginia Women Attorneys Association Prince William, 2009-2010
- Chairman on the board of Prince William Chamber of Commerce, 2003-2004
- Named Virginia’s “Legal Elite” in Labor/Employment Law by Virginia Business Magazine peer voting system, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Named one of Virginia’s Go-To Lawyers in Employment Law in 2021 by Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Named to Northern Virginia Magazine’s 2020 Top Lawyer list for Employment Law
- Recipient of the Justitia Award, Prince William Chapter of Virginia Women Attorneys Association, 2013
- Named “Influential Women of Virginia” by Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2009
- Recipient of the Loy E. Harris Award for Business Excellence, 2009
- Recipient of the “Leaders in the Law” award by Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2016
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest professional
- Conducted an internal investigation of alleged harassment, bullying and misconduct for a manufacturing company which involved the challenge of having to interview employees who spoke Vietnamese, Spanish, Farsi, and English and understand differing cultural perspectives in analyzing the information and facts.
- Provided counsel to various industries during the pandemic on all aspects of employee safety and regulations. Industries included manufacturing, IT, government contracting, civic associations, health care services, professional services, religious institutions, landscaping, and construction.
- Defended IT company against charges of discrimination by former employee.
- Defended childcare company against former employees’ charges of violations of the American with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
"Ms. Kris Spitler is unique in that she has an outstanding ability to summarize issues for senior management in a way that includes the significant elements of the matter and what should be done to remedy or bring to closure what is being considered."
Ron Pereira - Lake Ridge Parks and Recreation Association
"Kris, Thank you for the incredibly thorough and professional job you did conducting our investigation. We felt like our case was your priority …. The care you took to make our employees feel comfortable was appreciated. We feel confident in the decisions we made based on your findings and professional recommendations which you helped us discern through conversation."
Owners - QMT Associates, Inc.
Kendall M. DiMeglio
- Juris Doctor, Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary, 1988
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Virginia, 1985
- Virginia State Bar
- Prince William County Bar Association, President