Our experienced and diverse team of lawyers have offered comprehensive counsel to municipalities and other public bodies for more than 30 years. We currently serve as town attorneys for the towns of Culpeper, Haymarket, Occoquan, Middleburg, Quantico, and as back-up counsel for Herndon.
We help clients successfully maneuver through legal complexities and governmental directives, enabling them to focus on serving their communities. With multiple city attorneys and over 45 years of combined experience on staff under one roof, we provide an unmatchable system of quality control and institutional insight.
Services and Practice Areas
- Annexation and Boundary Line Adjustment
- Charter Amendments
- Department of Social Services
- Employment Law
- Environmental Compliance
- Franchise Agreements
- General Municipal & City Attorney Services
- Real Estate
- Building and maintenance code enforcement
- Conveyances and dedication of land
- Deed preparation and review
- Easement and vacations
- Eminent domain
- Encroachment and licenses
- Land purchase and sale agreements
- Misdemeanor Criminal/ Traffic Prosecutions
- Ordinance and Resolution Drafting
- Planning and Zoning
- Church and religious uses (RLUIPA)
- Conditional zoning
- Nonconforming use verification
- Proffer drafting and interpretation
- Rezoning application review
- Special use permits
- Subdivision and site plan review
- Vested rights and grandfathering
- Zoning code enforcement
- Public Contracts
- Public Works
- Public School Districts
- Tax Assessment & Collection
- Utilities & Infrastructure
- Vacancy in Elected Offices and Special Elections
Representative cases and transactions
Our clients and representative work have included but are not limited to:
- Trusted Town Attorneys: For the towns of Culpeper, Occoquan, Dumfries, Haymarket, and Middleburg and City Attorney to Manassas city.
- Preserving Historic Properties: maintenance code, blight violation, and preservation work.
- Land Use: Facilitated the conversion of a derelict water treatment plant into a pocket park.
- Nature Preserve: Shepherded the sale of a 300 acre parcel to a consortium of federal, state and private parties that resulted in the creation of a nature preserve.
- Sale of Property: Negotiated the sale of two junkyards with physical, environmental, and zoning challenges.
- Residential Development: Enabled the preservation of a mobile home park that was unable to afford necessary upgrades to its water and sewer systems.
- Large Scale Demolition: Facilitated demolition of numerous dangerous buildings, including the demolition of a building within 24 hours of its being damaged by an earthquake.
- Boat Traffic: Defended the closure of a water reservoir to boat traffic
“I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Crim in his capacity as Town Attorney for Occoquan for over 10 years. During that time, he has proven to be, not just an outstanding legal counsel, but also an excellent advisor to staff and the Town Council. His encyclopedic knowledge of both state and Town code is invaluable in helping reach decisions that are legal and sound. We have turned to Mr. Crim for direction that includes legal matters and for his valuable practical insight gained through years of dealing with a multitude of issues. I am thankful for his advice on a wide range of topics and appreciative of his ready availability. He has truly been an asset to the Town’s team.”
Bruce A. Reese, PE, LS – Town Engineer, Legacy Engineering, P.C.
“Olaun Simmons is smart, aggressive, thoroughly prepared and simply an outstanding attorney.”
Scott Nolan, Esq.