As an employer, a reliable workforce is your most important asset. Having a firm grasp on the legal responsibilities of workforce management can help you minimize financial risks and build your business. Whether you have hundreds of employees in an office or have a handful of employees in your warehouse, you can turn to the employment attorneys at VF&N as your trusted advisors.
Day to Day Operations
Our employment law attorneys provide HR professionals, managers, and administrative personnel with critical guidance to resolve your company’s evolving HR questions. We provide legal advice on issues that arise on a daily basis.
- Disciplining a problem employee
- Hiring in compliance with federal requirements
- Concerns when terminating an employee
- Addressing sexual and other discrimination complaints
- Navigating wage and hour compliance
Creating a Culture of Compliance
Our employment law team can help protect against future risk by drafting or revising your employee handbook and establishing best practices and procedures. Through customization of your handbook, we can address situations unique to your company including having out-of-state employees, remote workforce, and independent contractors as well as complying with state and local laws.
Our attorneys also conduct on-site management and staff training and corporate presentations to help create a positive work culture.
In Response to a Charge
We can conduct independent internal investigations in response to charges of discrimination or other improper conduct and prepare an unbiased neutral report of our findings for your management and boards. If the situation should arise that a resolution could not be mediated out of court, our team has experienced litigators on staff to fight on your behalf.
Executive Agreements and Contracts
As an executive or c-suite professional starting a new job, leaving an old one, or retiring, it is good to have someone in your corner. We can help you understand your options.
- Compensation and benefits discussions
- Negotiating an employment agreement
- Compliance with your fiduciary obligations to your employer
- Negotiate restrictive covenant provisions
- Litigate the enforceability of provisions
- Advocate on your behalf during severance agreements talks
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Disability Issues and Accommodations
- EEOC Charges
- Employee Handbook
- Employment Agreements
- Employment Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Employment law counsel to in-house corporate attorneys/General Counsel
- Employment Litigation and Administrative Hearings
- Fair Labor Standards Act (Wage and Hour Laws)
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Gig, Seasonal, and Contingent Workforce Considerations
- Hiring and Termination
- Internal Compliance Review
- Internal Workplace Investigations
- Management and staff training and presentations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation/Confidentiality Agreements
- Reduction in Force
- Religious Accommodation
- Severance Agreements
- Trade Secrets
- Unemployment Compensation
Ms. Kris Spitler is unique in that she has an outstanding ability to summarize issues for senior management in a way that includes the significant elements of the matter and what should be done to remedy or bring to closure what is being considered.
– Ron Pereira- to Lake Ridge Parks and Recreation Association