MANASSAS —For most business owners, litigation is a very real threat which can be time consuming, stressful and expensive. It was Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian’s pleasure to have Prince William Civil Litigation attorney Randy Frostick hold a presentation on doing business in a litigious world with an emphasis on how to avoid litigation.
The seminar was hosted at Ceterfuse in Manassas, Virginia and was attended by local business owners who were eager to gain some tools and knowledge for handling litigation. Randy discussed what businesses should do after being served with a lawsuit, and detailed the importance of consulting an attorney immediately, as well as avoiding reliance on internet sources for their legal advise. He also discussed topics such as:
- The importance of appropriate liability insurance
- Ways to determine whether a settlement offer is too good to be true
- The dangers of settling for a “good deal”
- Protecting intellectual property as well as data on company technology
- Reading through contracts carefully before signing
An an experienced trial attorney, Randy has extensive experience with civil litigation in Manassas, Prince William, and Northern Virginia and encourages business owners to have a plan of action for the possibility of a lawsuit.
Photo Courtesy of Potomac Local