Olaun Simmons joined Vanderpool Frostick and Nishanian, PC. as an associate in 2016. Olaun has been practicing law for more than fifteen years in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The primary focus of Olaun’s practice involves land use, zoning and local government law.
Olaun routinely assists our clients by analyzing and providing legal advice regarding the applicability of zoning ordinances,comprehensive plan designations, special use permit applications, and rezoning applications as it pertains to the land development in Northern Virginia. He also works collaboratively with our clients’ civil engineers and architects in order to assist our clients with the land development process. Olaun has also been instrumental in representing our clients with zoning code violations, building code violations, and Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act violations. As a result of his stellar work and accomplishments over the years, Olaun has received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating.
AV Preeminent Rating: Highest Professional Achievement by Martindale-Hubbell
“Trial Attorney of the Year” in Prince William County Circuit Court
“Top 100 Trial Lawyers” & “40 under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
American College of Trial Lawyers Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award & Lewis F. Powell, Jr. “Excellence in Trial Advocacy” Award
- General Counsel for the Chamber Foundation of Northern Virginia
- General Counsel for the Prince William Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Land Use and Environmental Committee, Virginia State Bar Real Property Section
- Member, Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA)
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Member, Prince William County Bar Association
- Prosecutor for the Town of Haymarket and the Town of Occoquan
- Legal counsel for the City of Manassas, the Town of Culpeper, and the Town of Middleburg
- Member, Board of Directors, Local Government Attorneys of Virginia
- Member, Board of Regents, Leadership Prince William
- Member, Board of Directors, Smart Beginnings Greater Prince William
- Member, Board of Directors, Didlake, Inc.
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest possible rating
- Named “Trial Attorney of the Year” in Prince William County Circuit Court
- Awarded the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. “Excellence in Trial Advocacy”
- Named one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Name “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award
“I appreciate all the help from the attorney Olaun Simmons. Thanks to his help that he gave us during our judicial process where we could resolve our case in a satisfactory way. We were facing a zoning violation with Fauquier County due to not having a site plan for the property. In the process of creating the site plan for county approval there were multiple easements and deeds with other parties that had to be made and multiple court hearings to deal with since the county did not give us much of an opportunity to finish the site plan. Olaun did not put us to the side or lower our prioritization. He took our case with great care and always advised us on all possibilities. ”
“Olaun Simmons, I wanted to thank you for your hard work and dedication in helping us obtain the special use permit for PWIC expansion, on Mathis Ave, Manassas, Virginia. I have dealt with many attorneys in the past but you are one of the best. I thank you for all your efforts, following through, replying to our phone calls and emails. We appreciate your excellent communications skills and following up with all our design team. It is very hard to find a good attorney who cares about his work and his clients, but by far, you are one of the exceptions and I really enjoyed working with you on this project. We thank you again for your patience and dedication to see the project through Unanimous approval by the City Council.”
– Mohamed Hassan, PhD, P.E.
“Worked with Mr. Olaun Simmons of VFN Law in Manassas Va. on an easement issue and was very pleased with their work. My request was addressed in a timely and professional manner. I highly recommend VFN Law for any legal services that you may need.”
– James H. Bettis
“Olaun Simmons is smart, aggressive, thoroughly prepared and simply an outstanding attorney.”
– Nolan Scott, Esq.
“Olaun’s knowledge of criminal, municipal, and zoning law, and guidance through those very different processes, was invaluable in assisting us to perform our duties in an effective manner for the citizens we served. … For more complex matters and cases, he always provided well prepared, in-depth responses. …Olaun has a confident, compassionate demeanor, exceptional legal knowledge, high quality of work and conducts himself in a dedicated manner.”
– Former Chief of Police, Dumfries
“ I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mr. Olaun Simmons while he served as Attorney for the Town of Dumfries. He proved to be an outstanding advisor to the Town Council and an extraordinary legal counsel as Prosecutor for the sworn members of the Police Department.”
– Sergeant A. Garcia
“Mr. Simmons has represented our family in a variety of legal matters for the last 13 years. He is an excellent, dedicated lawyer that was always successful for us. He went above and beyond, stood by us, and took his time to explain every aspect of each process. His professionalism, courtesy, and knowledge have developed to familial respect and appreciation.”
– W. Johnson and Family
* NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS: Our prior results, including successful judgments and settlements, do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each case we handle is different and therefore we cannot guarantee any specific result in your case.
Joy J. Kidd, Legal Assistant
- Juris Doctor, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
- University of Oxford, St. Anne’s College, Oxford, England, Legal Studies Summer Program
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Morehouse College
- Virginia State Bar
- Member of the Bar, U.S. District for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Member of the Bar, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit