Olaun Simmons is an associate at Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, and has been practicing law for over ten years. Currently, he is the Town Attorney for the Town of Quantico, the prosecutor for the Town of Haymarket and the Town of Occoquan, and legal counsel for the City of Manassas, the Town of Culpeper, and the Town of Middleburg.
Mr. Simmons legal experience also includes criminal prosecution. He was named “Trial Attorney of the Year” by Prince William County Circuit Court and honored with the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. “Excellence In Trial” Award.
His practice of law includes municipal law, building code enforcement, zoning code enforcement, ordinance and charter revisions, land use, civil litigation and criminal prosecutions for cities and towns in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Olaun’s experience as both a municipal lawyer and litigator enable him to provide excellent legal representation and advocacy for our clients.
“Trial Attorney of the Year” in Prince William County Circuit Court
“Top 100 Trial Lawyers” & “40 under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
American College of Trial Lawyers Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award & Lewis F. Powell, Jr. “Excellence in Trial Advocacy” Award
- Virginia Indigent Defense Commission – Capital Trial/Co-Counsel Qualified
- Member, Board of Directors, Local Government Attorneys of Virginia
- Vice Chairman, Outreach Committee, Local Government Attorneys of Virginia
- Member, Board of Directors, Didlake, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Smart Beginnings Greater Prince William
- Member, Personnel Committee and Nominating Committee, Didlake, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Regents of the Leadership Prince William
- Guest Lecturer, George Mason University & Strayer University
- Former Town Attorney, Town of Dumfries
- Town Attorney, Town of Quantico
- Prosecutor for the Town of Haymarket and the Town of Occoquan
- Legal counsel for the City of Manassas, the Town of Culpeper, and the Town of Middleburg
- General Counsel for the Prince William Chamber of Commerce
- Named “Trial Attorney of the Year” in Prince William County Circuit Court
- Awarded the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. “Excellence in Trial Advocacy”
- Named one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 40 Under 40
- American College of Trial Lawyers Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award
“Olaun Simmons is smart, aggressive, thoroughly prepared and simply an outstanding attorney.”
– Nolan Scott, Esq.
“Olaun’s knowledge of criminal, municipal, and zoning law, and guidance through those very different processes, was invaluable in assisting us to perform our duties in an effective manner for the citizens we served. … For more complex matters and cases, he always provided well prepared, in-depth responses. …Olaun has a confident, compassionate demeanor, exceptional legal knowledge, high quality of work and conducts himself in a dedicated manner.”
– Former Chief of Police, Dumfries
“ I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mr. Olaun Simmons while he served as Attorney for the Town of Dumfries. He proved to be an outstanding advisor to the Town Council and an extraordinary legal counsel as Prosecutor for the sworn members of the Police Department.”
– Sergeant A. Garcia
Joy J. Kidd, Legal Assistant
- Juris Doctor, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
- University of Oxford, St. Anne’s College, Oxford, England, Legal Studies Summer Program
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Morehouse College
- Virginia State Bar
- Member of the Bar, U.S. District for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Member of the Bar, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit