Guy Jeffress is a D.C., metro area native who possesses substantial experience handling and structuring deals for real estate developers, investors, lenders, and asset managers. His practice includes representing regional and local developers and investors with their mixed-use, residential, office, and retail projects. Additionally, he has significant experience in handling and mitigating the legal risks involved with the ownership and operation of resort, hotel, restaurant and nightclub properties.
Guy began his real estate career as part of an in-house team that was charged with managing the U.S. portfolio of a UK based investment group. Prior to joining Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C., he worked as an attorney with various firms and served as in-house counsel to both private and publicly traded companies. Collectively, he has more than 17 years’ experience in the real estate development industry. In providing clients with advice Guy not only considers the applicable law in each situation but also takes into account the practical business and operational objectives of his clients.
- Spearheaded $10M acquisition and renovation of a historic property located in the central business district of Washington, D.C.
- Drafted an agreement of sale for a $47M multi-family residential property in Leesburg, VA
- Prepared condominium documents and sales agreements as part of the approval process for The Artisan Condominium mixed-use development. The Washington Business Journal ranked the Artisan as one of the best real estate deals for 2006.
- Member of the committee that drafted and proposed D.C.’s first ‘green building’ legislation
- Provided day to day legal and operational advice for large hotel resort and conference center
- Juris Doctor, Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, 1992
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, D.C. Bar Association Real Estate, Housing, & Land Use Sections
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association