Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C., an AV-rated firm located in Manassas, Virginia, is recruiting for an associate in its growing local government practice. This is a new position to serve cities, towns, Industrial Development Authorities, and other local government entities. Practice areas include zoning, economic development, property code enforcement, procurement, construction law, eminent domain, FOIA, employment law, social services, prosecution, and general civil litigation.
The following criteria are preferred:
- A highly motivated, entrepreneurial attorney with at least ten years of civil litigation experience.
- Experience managing multiple attorneys, legal assistants, and staff in a fast-paced practice
- Portable caseload and proven skills to grow new and existing books of business
- Experience in effectively advocating for clients in Virginia state and federal courts
- Excellent writing and oral advocacy skills
- Licensed to practice law in Virginia
- Desire to work in a friendly and fast-paced office
- An outgoing and dynamic personality with the ability to communicate effectively
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Almost 4 weeks of paid leave (vacation and personal days), plus federal holidays
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), long and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, with employer contribution after vesting
- Bonus pay, bar fees, CLEs
- Flexible schedule, and ability to work from home as assignments permit
- Free Parking
Competitive compensation/salary commensurate with experience, client base, and productivity. Health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, 401(k), vacation and sick leave, and a culture that encourages work-life balance.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for long-term growth. Our firm has a collegial work environment, where attorneys, paralegals, and staff work together as a team to provide personalized and high-quality legal services. Our team is collaborative, business-minded, entrepreneurial, passionate, and high-performing.
If you are interested in handling complex and sophisticated cases while enjoying a work-life balance and a great place to work, we invite you to apply!
About Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C.
The mission of Vanderpool, Frostick, and Nishanian, P.C. (VF&N) is to provide value-driven solutions to our client’s legal issues by combining expertise, judgment, and perspective to create strategic relationships that focus on our client’s goals. VF&N provides innovative and comprehensive legal solutions for businesses, local governments, and individuals. For the past 35 years, our attorneys have built a reputation of high-quality service, robust experience, and extensive industry knowledge. With several cross-functional practice areas and a shared passion for helping our clients thrive, our legal teams are equipped to handle our clients’ most complex cases.
VFN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes with professional references to email@example.com