Mr. Collins focuses his IP practice in the field of information technology, however, his clients include high and low technology companies that need advice on how to develop, protect, transfer or maximize their return on intangible assets. While not a member of the patent bar, Mr. Collins has conducted trials and litigated matters in the United States federal courts concerning patent, trademark, trade dress, copyright and unfair competition actions, as well as trade secret actions in the local courts.
Mr. Collins also counsels businesses in the field of government contracts. His extensive experience in federal procurement includes: review and assessment of RFP’s; contract negotiation and performance; teaming and corporate partnering agreements for prime and sub-contractors; FAR and DFARS compliance; and bid protests. The ownership of intellectual property within the context of government contract rules and regulations is a special interest to Mr. Collins.
- C. Computer Law Forum, Member and Past President
- Recognized as “Legal Elite” in Intellectual Property Law from Virginia Business Magazine
Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine as “2021 Legal Elite” for intellectual property law.
Recognized as “Legal Elite” in Intellectual Property Law from Virginia Business Magazine
- Juris Doctor, National Law Center at George Washington University
- University of Virginia
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Member
- S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the United States Court of Claims.
- S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia