Northern Virginia municipalities are increasingly turning to public-private partnerships (PPP) to keep abreast of the growing infrastructure demand of the region. The attorneys of VF&N can assist local governments in Northern Virginia and the DC Metro Area, and their counsel, in the implementation of a wide range of PPP projects. Our attorneys are experienced in supporting public-private partnerships across a broad range of infrastructure sectors that include hospitals, toll roads and tunnels, water treatment plants, and airports. The law firm of VF&N is a trusted advisor in PPP project delivery.
The PPP Life Cycle
Because PPP transactions are generally long-term infrastructure development projects, municipalities need experienced legal advisors to keep the working relationships among the project participants strong throughout the entire process. VF&N offers a wide array of services to aid our clients throughout the entire life cycle of a PPP project from the initial steps of vetting the viability a project for a PPP structure and due diligence of the project partners, to long-term operational phases. Our team at VF&N can also support the development of the financing structure, contract drafting and negotiations, land procurement, and construction oversight.
VF&N is headquartered in Prince William County, Virginia. We serve as town attorneys for the towns of Culpeper, Haymarket, Occoquan, Middleburg, Quantico, and as back-up counsel for Herndon. We know the Northern Virginia legal landscape and strive to balance the local regulatory environment with sustainable benefits for our community infrastructure requirements. Our mid-size firm provides the benefits of personalized legal counsel, with boots on the ground service at a cost competitive value that larger international firms cannot offer. But don’t let our locality fool you, we have seasoned PPP lawyers with prior international experience in the most prevalent types of PPP transactions. Their scope of practice spans the globe (including Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia), and covers a broad spectrum of infrastructure transactions ranging from toll roads and tunnels to power plants.
Other PPP Services
- EPC and finance agreements: Drafted and negotiated EPC and finance agreements for $420 million airport development project in Southern Iraq
- Development: $1.35 billion development of hotel, hospital, shopping center, housing, offices, and convention center built around new airport
- PPP transaction with Kuwait Ministry of Health: For the development of a new 1,200 bed hospital in Kuwait
- Infrastructure: Toll road construction and concession for the Warnow Tunnel in Rostock, Germany
- Redevelopment: Investment and redevelopment of Greenwich Hospital in London, England
- Long-term land lease: Land acquisition of 2,000 acres of land for greenfield airport development project via long-term land lease
- Oil production & refinery: Acquisition of fleet of helicopters to be used for aerial support at the Al Khafji Joint Operations oil production and refinery in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia