Michael Vanderpool is the founder of, and Of Counsel to, Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian and has been practicing law for over forty years. Michael is an attorney who is also a businessman, who believed in starting a law firm that provided its clients with a measure of high ranking professionalism and expertise. Michael’s numerous years of experience and knowledge have made him into one of the most successful attorneys in the area, and his goal is to provide consistent results and solutions for each and every client, allowing them to thrive.
In addition to his legal practice, Michael is also an Adjunct Professor at George Mason University teaching in the Real Estate Development Masters Program. He has won numerous awards and honors, such as Virginia’s Business’ “Legal Elite”, as well as graduating Phi Beta Kappa, and Cum Laude. Michael has remained deeply invested in the community, serving on numerous boards over the years as a member, chairman, and president.
AV Preeminent Rating: Highest Professional Achievement by Martindale-Hubbell
Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine as “Legal Elite” for Real Estate/ Land Use and SmartCEO Magazine as a “Legal Elite” business attorney
- George Mason University Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Prince William County-Greater Manassas Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- City of Manassas Industrial Development Authority, Past Member
- City of Manassas Republican Party, Past Chairman
- Prince William Health System, Past Board of Trustees
- Manassas Rotary Club, Past President
- Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, Past Board Member
- Prince William/66 Partnership, Inc.
- Manassas Business Council, Appointment
- Fredericksburg Regional Alliance, Past Counsel
- Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine and SmartCEO Magazine as a “Legal Elite” business attorney
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest professional achievement.
- Recipient of Loy E. Harris Award from the City of Manassas for service to the community
- Recipient of Arthur Sinclair Award from the Prince William County Bar Association for outstanding professionalism
- City of Manassas Volunteer of the Year
- Two Presidential Awards of Honor from the Prince William County-Greater Manassas Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary Chairman of the Year of the Child in Prince William County
“I have enjoyed a long term relationship with Mike and his team. Since I relocated to this area 30 years ago we have worked together on many successful projects thanks to him and his team’s skill & ability to get projects approved. I have always found them to be very professional, informed as to the issues relating to my projects and prepared when it came to presentations to boards, planning commissions and councils. They work well with the other outside professionals on my team and Mike is truly a team player. I highly recommend his firm and am convinced there are projects I would not have completed without their involvement.”
-Ron Skarke, 7-11
Becky Spencer, Legal Assistant
- Juris Doctor, Georgetown University Law School, 1975
- Penn State University, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
- Virginia State Bar
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member