Brendan Cassidy is an associate at Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C., where he has several years of experience representing companies and individuals on employment and business related matters including: drafting and reviewing non-compete and restrictive covenant agreements; drafting contracts and forms; and representing companies on complex legal matters such as wage and hour issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act, discrimination and retaliation issues under Title VII, and accommodation requests under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Brendan’s attention to detail and legal expertise allows him to excel in his practice, which includes drafting and updating employee handbooks and policy manuals, preparing management and employee training, and drafting executive, independent contractor, and severance agreements, Position Statements in response to EEOC Charges of Discrimination, conducting workplace investigations, and advising HR Professionals on employee issues ranging from discipline to termination.
Brendan personal interest include film and scriptwriting, cooking, and enjoying the occasional craft brewery.
- National Security Law Journal, Co-Founder; Managing Editor (2012-13); Symposium Editor (2013)
- Prince William SHRM, Inc., Director of Government Affairs
- Advised employers on employment law matters including wage and hour issues, discrimination claims, employee discipline, accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, COBRA compliance, issues related to the Affordable Care Act, and other management side employment issues.
- Drafted and updated employee handbooks and policy manuals for employers.
- Drafted non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, and severance agreements.
- Conducted workplace investigations and drafted position statements in response to EEOC charges of discrimination.
Kendall M. DiMeglio
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University School of Law, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, American University, 2006, Magna Cum Laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member