Brett Callahan is a Litigation Associate at Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian. Her focus in approaching any case is to identify and work toward the solution that is tailored to best serve her client’s needs. That means approaching problems from different angles to come up with the most practical and cost effective way to achieve her client’s goals, either through traditional negotiations and litigation or use of alternative dispute resolution options. Brett takes a client driven big picture approach to her representation, working with clients to not only address current concerns but identify future vulnerabilities and fix them before they become problems. She works with clients to ensure they are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations as needed.
Finance; Business; Real Estate; Employment; Construction; Local Government; Fiduciary Matters
Professional Licenses & Awards:
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Up and Coming Lawyers,” Inaugural Class of 2016
- Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite’s Young Lawyers, 2016
- Virginia State Bar
- Maryland State Bar
- The United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia Bar Admission
- Certificate of Good Standing United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of Virginia Bar Admission
- Certificate of Good Standing United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland Bar Admission
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers “Significant Service Award”, 2017
Civic and Community Activities:
- Virginia Women’s Attorney Association, Prince William Chapter, President 2017-2018.
- Virginia Women’s Attorney Association, Director at Large
- Leadership Prince William, Class of 2016
- Center for the Arts of Greater Manassas/Prince William County at the Candy Factory, President-Elect
- Prince William Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals of Northern Virginia, Steering Committee
- Manassas-Bull Run Rotary Club, Vice President 2015-2018
- Prince William County Bar Association, Member
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University School of Law, 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Cornell University, 2004
- Successfully represented banking and developer clients opposing appeals to the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Represented clients before state and federal courts in Maryland and Virginia.
- Represented clients in alternative dispute resolution processes in both Maryland and Virginia.
- Prosecuted misdemeanor and traffic cases for the Towns of Haymarket and Occoquan.
- Taught continuing legal education courses on resolving title defects to lawyers and other industry professionals.
- Negotiated and drafted settlement agreements for clients.